Wednesday, August 31, 2005

island tales #42

Living the Malaysian Dream!

Today's Independence Day for Malaysia, so I'll put something a little more suited to the occasion here. The Malaysian Dream: to be honest, I have no idea what it is. Do we have one? The only one we have, as far as I know, is to be a fully developed nation by 2020, something I learned wayyy back when I was a kid. And up until I was in upper secondary school, I did not have the slightest idea how a fully developed nation was different from the country I lived in.

So for those of you who, like me, did not know what it means to be fully developed, I'll share what I've managed to decipher so far:

1) everything seems cheaper when you are fully developed, except for stuff like gas/petrol, housing costs and various forms of taxes

2) you get very fast and very cheap internet connections, and cheaper cars, and cheaper computer stuff. but food prices go up.

3) everyone will be able to afford the expensive original stuff (as opposed to sneakily using dirt cheap pirated software/pirated goods)

yep. can't wait to be developed.

here's my malaysian dream: to be able to live out my life in a quiet city, zero (or low) pollution, not too hectic, but with cheap food, cheap goods, low taxes, fast telecommunications, friendly people, low crime, and the possibility of a good life for my kids (if any).

racial policies/attitudes? i sure hope they figure out a way around that soon. corruption? well, it's hard to change greed, but let's hope they can find a way to get that out of the way too.

hm. perhaps that's too much of a thing to dream for after all... :P



3 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.. its a dream..
u can dream wut u wan.. :P

yea... keep dreaming~~~...

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger nerdook said...

hm. pesky spammers. die!! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

since: 21 may 1984
msn: nerdook[at]yahoo[dot]com
ym-id: nerdook
about: kuching/utp/penang
friendster link


links to previous articles


this is the ongoing nanowrimo entry, to be completed by november 31st 2005.

http://nerdookspire.blogspot.com


feel free to post comments here! no need to register, and the email is optional.


mum
romulus
joel
lil bro
diha
wanee
mildred
nee shen
imel
strizzt
lilian chan
jeff ooi
kenny sia
loopymeals
elfiejane
pei tze
alynna
d. addict
<< # BolehBlogs ? >>



Powered by Blogger

BolehBlogs

MyShoutbox.com - Free Shoutbox!